Friday, December 23, 2005

Mr Health Minister, I salute you!

Categories:

Once again well done Mr Health Minister. Earlier when he revealed that independant auditors KPMG will be looking into the finances of NKF, he reiterated that he had also directed them to look into the role of the regulators in the debacle. There was also a hint of regret when he indirectly admitted that he may have been 'wrong' in defending NKF when the latter's reserves was in questions. That was in July 2005.

Now with the full report being released by the New NKF, he scored again. This time the Health Minister admitted partial blame (althought he wasn't the Health Minister when the misdeeds in NKF were carried out). He even confirmed that NCSS did relay its concerned regarding the finances in the then NKF in 2001 after a query raised in KPMG report.

He even went further when he said, "Yes, I accept that I defended it (the NKF). And now, I look silly myself. I felt betrayed myself."

Wow, how many government leaders or for that matters, anybody in management, so openly admit mistakes done. This is the only way a society will progress - admit that there is a problem, and then try to solve them. This is the only way a problem can be solved. If this is a typical Minister at work, then Singapore's future will be bright.

Well done, Mr Health Minister! I salute you again.

No comments: