Monday, October 31, 2005

Xia Xue brand of 'freedom' of expressions....

Don't blame me for being highly critical of Xia Xue. I had posted a critical comments about her views regarding the use of toilet meant for handicapped in the comments column. And guess what? It was 'moderated'. My comments did not even contain four letter words or any words that you cannot find in children's read. Somehow my critical comments was just not acceptable to her and it got 'moderated' (aka censored). I am writing this not because she 'moderated' my comments but to show people that whatever comments you see about her blog must be highly skewed as majority of comments seen are in agreement with her. I find it hard to believe that there are so many people who would agree with her opinion and hence my own entry.

On comment left by Dennis says ".... IS JUST EXPRESSING HER VIEWPT, SO STOP CRITICISING HER...TO BE A SOME1 GREAT, U HAVE 2 POSSESS BRAINS, BUT GUTS IS SOMETING TAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE..." which I'm only in half agreement. I am totally in agreement that she is just expressing her viewpoint and to be someone great, you have to possess brains but guts make the difference. However if she has a gut to write what she wrote, she must also have the guts to face the consequences. She cannot just gets feedback that she chooses to support her and not the rest. This is especially so after she wrote her take on students being suspended because of blogs critical of their teachers. And I quote, "...... Why, scared people find out the truth about your actions is it? Wanna fight back? You fucking fight like a man, and go set up your own blog and defend yourself. What is with this "suspending" and commanding people to close down their blogs? What gives you the rights to threaten people like that? It is clearly an abuse of the power you have. ...." I had left my comment on her blog then, and I was lucky. Only my IP was blacklisted, but my comments stayed. Not sure if it is still there though... Further she commented that "... I've gotten many mails from my teenage readers, telling me what their schools did to them when they wrote some stuff about school on their blogs...." One wonders if this is the whole truth as she showed signs of wielding the censorship whip. I wonder how many more comments that got censored off or should I say moderated in order to garner so many comments that is not critical of her.

I just wonder why she cannot write her comments without using four letter words, foul language and being just so arrogant!

No comments: